The first #StartupChats of 2023 kicked off on Monday, February 27, and for the first time, the live Q&A was hosted on Instagram! This chat was presented in partnership with Mastercard.
This month’s topic was Exploring eCommerce and Online Payments. We were joined by Blair Forrest, founder of DTC Toronto, and Nadia Ladak, co-founder of Marlow.
Blair and Nadia offered some great insights into starting and growing your business for eCommerce. Some key advice included:
- Nadia: If using social media to promote your business, have a link to your website in your bio to help drive traffic back to your product.
- Blair: Research the eCommerce platforms of your top 5 to 8 competitors to better understand their buying processes and post funnels.
- Nadia: For Marlow, TikTok videos and blogs like How to insert a tampon for beginners have been great marketing tools for driving customers to our website.
- Blair: LinkedIn is an excellent tool for people looking to get started in eCommerce. Don’t be afraid to reach out to people, especially founders!
- Nadia: Lemlist is a great tool for CRM and email marketing.
Watch the recording
Missed the chat? Click here to watch the recording.
Don’t Miss Out!
Register for upcoming #StartupChats here.
#StartupChats is a monthly learning series produced by Startup Canada to connect entrepreneurs to support organizations and Canada’s community of entrepreneurs. This program nurtures a vibrant entrepreneurial community while building awareness around the resources, programs, and organizations available to entrepreneurs from coast to coast to coast. Hosted through live video on Startup Canada’s Instagram page, entrepreneurs can register to learn and connect with real entrepreneurs and support organizations. For more information, visit.