GLOBAL ACCELERATOR AND PITCH COMPETITION TOUR
Increased buying power internationally has made it important for Canadian businesses to diversify globally. Entrepreneurs have the opportunity to leverage the resources and partnerships provided by the Canadian Export Challenge and venture into the global marketplace.
The Canadian Export Challenge is a Startup Canada national program in partnership with UPS, Export Development Canada, and the Trade Commissioner Service who are some of Canada’s leading industry companies and organizations.
The Canadian Export Challenge connects a pan-Canada cohort of entrepreneurs committed to growing global businesses with a network of partners committed to their success.
Canada’s export and global growth ecosystem is uniting to propel entrepreneurs to go global by accelerating access to markets, mentors, customers, and capital. Entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds and industries will become our ‘Team Canada’ and benefit from the support of government, industry, and non-profit partners to scale.
In the Fall of 2018, Startup Canada rallied nearly 1,000 entrepreneurs who applied to join ‘Team Canada’ as the inaugural Global Entrepreneur Cohort to gain:
- Exposure to and support from Canada’s export, trade and growth ecosystem;
- Free access to a 1-Day Global Accelerator in Toronto, Calgary, Montreal, Halifax, or Vancouver;
- Secured entry into the Canadian Export Challenge to pitch to win $10,000 in cash and $100,000 in support to scale;
- Entry to win an expense-paid trip to Ottawa to pitch in front of CBC Dragons on the Main Stage at Startup Canada Day on the Hill; and,
- Exclusive information about trade missions, CTA cohorts, market intelligence and new initiatives to help you scale.
By participating in their 1-day accelerator or by joining online through Startup Canada LIVE, the Global Entrepreneur Cohort gained the skills and network needed to become export-ready and to graduate from the accelerator program.