Startup Canada is an entrepreneur-led movement to enhance the nation’s competitiveness and prosperity by supporting and celebrating Canadian entrepreneurship.
Startup Canada is the first Canadian organization to harness the collective energies of entrepreneurs and enterprise support communities from coast to coast to promote a vibrant entrepreneurial culture and to create a unified brand as a rallying point for Canadians.
Startup Canada is advances entrepreneurial success in Canada by educating:
- Entrepreneurs on where to go and how to access support to take their startup to the next level;
- Entrepreneur community leaders on how to cultivate vibrant startup communities;
- Academic, industry and government leaders on how to better support Canadian entrepreneurs; and,
- Media and the Canadian public about the vital role that entrepreneurs play in creating a more sustainable and prosperous Canada.
“Canada needs a new generation of citizen-leaders who are crystal-clear about their purpose, who are powered by the passion of a big vision, and who transform the status quo by mobilizing communities of people to build systems that create profit and prosperity for all.” – Davender Gupta
Throughout 2013, Startup Canada will be taking action on the ideas from the Startup Canada tour. Below are programs and initiatives that are currently underway:
- Startup Canada Communities Pilot - Healthy and vibrant entrepreneurial communities at a local level are the heart of supporting and driving the growth of startups. Startup Canada Communities is a pan-Canadian network to provide entrepreneurs with a single doorway to enter their local entrepreneur community to access mentors, space, funding and support to start and grow their businesses and to connect with other startup founders online and on the ground.
- #StartupChats – Join Startup Canada for inspiring and informative #startupchats on Twitter every Wednesday and Friday from 12pm – 1pm EST. Each week we will have a special guest entrepreneur or organization available to answer questions. Follow the conversation using the hashtag #startupchats on Twitter!