Startup Canada is a national, grassroots, volunteer-run and entrepreneur-led movement to enhance the nation’s competitiveness and prosperity through uniting and strengthening Canada’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and promoting a vibrant entrepreneurial culture to create unified brand as a rallying point for Canadians.
Startup Canada advances entrepreneurial success in Canada by educating:
- Entrepreneurs on where to go and how to access support to take their startup to the next level;
- Entrepreneur community leaders on how to cultivate vibrant startup communities;
- Academic, industry and government leaders on how to better support entrepreneurs; and,
- Media and the public about the vital role that entrepreneurs play in creating a more sustainable and prosperous Canada.
“Canada needs a new generation of citizen-leaders who are crystal-clear about their purpose, who are powered by the passion of a big vision, and who transform the status quo by mobilizing communities of people to build systems that create profit and prosperity for all.” – Davender Gupta
Startup Canada Facts
- Startup Canada launched in May 2012 and today it is one Canada’s most followed and active national entrepreneurship organizations.
- Startup Canada represents more than 250 volunteers, more than 55,000 entrepreneurs and more 400 partner organizations that support entrepreneurs through mentorship, space, funding and resources.
- Startup Canada is not for profit, independent and inclusive of all entrepreneurs and those who support them.
- Startup Canada has programs nationally and in 15 communities to give entrepreneurs the tools and networks that they need to take their venture to the next level.
- Startup Canada collaborates with entrepreneurs and their communities to create and implement a long-term plan for improving their entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Our work impacts the success of entrepreneurs from coast to coast.