Frequently Asked Questions
Browse the tabs below to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Still have unanswered questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry and a member of our team will respond to you promptly.
Here’s the criteria we’re looking at for both startups and scale-ups (during COVID-19)!
- Company has had 20% growth per year over a 3 year period prior to 2020
- Company has had less than 20% growth per year over a 3 year period prior to 2020
Applicants have the chance to win $5,000 (scale-up category), $2,500 (startup category) at each regional event. 1 Startup finalist and 1 Scale-up finalist will be chosen from each region to pitch in the Final Showdown in October for a chance to win up to an additional $25,000 (scale-up category), $5,000 (startup category) and up to $100,000 in in-kind scaling support.
Yes! In your application form, you’ll be asked to indicate if you’re a Scale-up or a Startup. The rest of the form remains the same for both categories.
Yes! In the application form, you’ll be asked to indicate if you’re not pitching. Your form will be revised to streamline your answers.
1) The first step is to submit your pitch application on our website. Once you have completed the application, you will receive a follow up email confirming your participation.
2) From Monday, August 31, 2020 – Friday, September 11, 2020 you will be invited to sign up for various CXC program elements including the Growth Lounge and 1 on 1 meetings that allow for more targeted conversations with ecosystem partners.
3) The week before the event, you’ll be notified if you’re in the top 100 applications per region. On the day of your regional event the top 30 will be announced! We’ll make sure you’re prepared to pitch live on a Google Meet to the semi finalist judges on the day of your regional event!
4) On the day of the event, grab your computer and a cup of coffee to join us at 8:45AM regional time for the opening ceremonies. We recommend doing a self tech check in case you get called upon to pitch. Don’t forget to take the conversation online and use your social media platforms to promote your participation in #CXC2020!
5) The Top 30 Semi-Finalists (Top 15 Startups and Top 15 Scale-Ups) will be announced live at 10:30AM regional time, and a Startup Canada team member will contact you with information and next steps. The Top 30 Semi-Finalists will then pitch live to 2 judges who will provide 60 seconds of feedback. This will not be broadcast publicly to the CXC audience.
6) The Top 6 Semi-Finalists (Top 3 Startups and Top 3 Scale-Ups) will be announced at 11:30AM regional time. Each will present their pitch live on the “Main Stage” to 5 expert judges. This will be broadcast publicly to the full CXC audience. Then, both the Regional Startup and Scale-up winners will be announced by a special guest!
7) Regional Startup and Scale-up winners from each region will move on to the CXC Grand Finale on October 20th. There, they will compete again for a chance to win up to $25,000 cash and up to $100,000 in support.
We are hosting a variety of sessions for attendees! Take part in the interactive growth lounge, watch educational workshops from leading entrepreneur support organizations, take a health break for a quick 15 minute yoga session, and watch the startup and scale-up finalists pitch to win regional prizes. Check out the detailed agenda here: Yes! 100% free. You are welcome to participate in CXC, but your business must be based in Canada to qualify for the CXC pitch competition. Please have a strong internet connection ready, test your microphone and video camera beforehand, situate yourself by a good light source in order for the judges to be able to see you and make the connection digitally.
CXC Digital is proudly powered by Google Canada, and will be utilizing the amazing platforms Google Canada offers including: YouTube Livestream, Google Hangouts Meet and Google Calendar.