Startup Canada COVID-19 Response
How we are helping Canada’s 3.5 Million entrepreneurs
COVID-19 has had a profound impact on Canada’s 3.5 million entrepreneurs. Supporting our network of entrepreneurs has never been more important. We have been actively seeking input from Canada’s entrepreneurs and are responding to their needs.
Despite the challenges of COVID-19, the Startup Canada team is committed to serving Canadian businesses. We understand the current circumstances are incredibly challenging, and the following steps have been taken to directly address the ever-changing needs of Canada ‘s entrepreneurs.
- We will strive to share all relevant COVID-19 updates and how they pertain to the start up community on social media and via our COVID-19 Alert newsletter (details coming soon).
- Our digital programs will continue to run, while ensuring we have a special focus relating to COVID-19. We urge you to take advantage of these programs as opportunities to connect with and learn from entrepreneurs across Canada.
- In addition to our existing suite of digital programs, we are implementing a new townhall series focusing on the impacts and effects of COVID -19 in communities across the country. These Entrepreneur Town Halls will connect local communities with their MPs via a digital event where they can share insights and knowledge regarding the changing landscape.
- We have created a COVID-19 Impact on Canadian Entrepreneurs Survey that we are encouraging all entrepreneurs to complete so we can continue to gauge the most pressing needs and concerns in the ecosystem and consult with the highest level of government to ensure your voices are heard
- Updated resource library for entrepreneurs to consult: We are building an ongoing collection of COVID-19 resources for entrepreneurs here. If you are unable to view the Google Sheet, or you have additional resources to contribute, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.