Grow with us! We’re hiring a Startup Communities & Entrepreneur Success Manager
At Startup Canada, we are on a mission to promote, inspire, educate, connect and give a voice to Canada’s entrepreneurs. Our employees are smart, professional, energetic, and driven by a passion to create the best programs and resources for entrepreneurs. Our culture of diversity, excellence and autonomy empowers our team to achieve goals they did not think possible. For those on board, it is going to be a challenging and rewarding journey!
About the Role
The Startup Communities & Entrepreneur Success Manager is an entrepreneurial leader, who shares our vision for building an entrepreneurial nation. Responsible for the vision, coordination, management and delivery of the Startup Communities program, and with a passion for supporting entrepreneurs, they liaise with entrepreneurs, sponsors and community leaders to deliver targeted programming at the local, and national level.
This position is remote, with the option to be based out of our office in Ottawa, ON. When the office re-opens the incumbent will continue to work remotely, or at the office in Ottawa, ON.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Startup Canada Communities
- Coordinate Startup Canada Community chapters by liaising with the chapter leaders to provide them with the resources and connections they need to be successful.
- Build and deploy overall strategy for the growth of Startup Canada Communities program.
- Network with potential Startup Canada Community Leaders and encourage them to set up new chapters.
- Ensure that volunteer personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential.
- Establish and implement performance management processes for all volunteers in the programs.
- Ensure that all program volunteers receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs.
- Develop strategic partnerships with organizations within the entrepreneurship ecosystem to support Startup Canada Communities, and overall programming.
- Develop an evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas of improvement.
- Partner with the CEO to allocate and track program budget.
- Organize the Startup Communities Summit, including speakers, online venues, etc.
- Coordinate the funding of Startup Canada Communities, and overall reporting through new partners, including Municipal and Provincial government funding.
- Research and write ad-hoc papers that advance the knowledge base of Startup Canada and position the organization as a thought leader on Entrepreneurship.
- Play an advisor role in the creation and implementation of resources for entrepreneurs, including new programs and initiatives hosted and developed by Startup Canada.
- Apply for grants and funding for special projects.
- Create and deploy the annual Startup Canada census, and other research initiatives.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking and coordination skills to effectively manage many different moving parts of a program.
- Strategic mindset with ability to understand the whole picture of a program along with all the details.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills to maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Research and analytical skills to apply to grants and write research papers.
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to use social media tools, Google suite, Zoom and Slack.
- Deep understanding of how to operationalize strategic directives.
- Thorough knowledge of entrepreneurial best practices, small businesses, marketing, data management and strategies to support entrepreneurs.
- High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication, including an excellent skillset in writing and editing of reports.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible attitude, with ability to work as a team player.
- Willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- The ability to write and speak French is an asset.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks with little supervision or direction.
- Independently manage programs performing varied tasks.
- Decision making and ability to obtain consensus on complex issues.
- Communicate verbally and in written format with diverse groups.
Why Work at Startup Canada?
- Working closely with a dynamic and fun team of professionals in the nation’s capital;
- Employee benefits and wellbeing perks, including Mental Health Days, and monthly Team Wellness Activities;
- Cross-Canada travel opportunities (when we’re back in person!);
- We use Mac’s!;
- Great location that’s close to the LRT, 90 series bus routes, Rib Fest, Poutine Fest, Parliament Hill, and the Rideau Centre;
- Working directly with Canada’s vibrant entrepreneurship community and leading entrepreneurs;
- Working directly with top-level industry partners and government leaders; and,
- Opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process, if you require a specific accommodation, please let us know.
About the Organization
Startup Canada is the national rallying community and voice for Canada’s 3.5 million entrepreneurs. Since launching in 2012, Startup Canada has grown to represent more than 250,000 entrepreneurs and 50 grassroots communities from coast to coast to coast. Through digital programs and flagship events, Startup Canada is the network promoting, inspiring, educating, connecting and giving a voice to Canada’s entrepreneurs; supporting them to start, operate and scale businesses that build a better Canada for the world today and for future generations.