Holiday Wishlist: The Inniskillin Changemakers
Ottawa, ON – December 14, 2020 | Still looking for gift ideas for the holidays? Check out some of our favourite offerings from our Inniskillin Changemakers!
When Lindsay Lorusso started Nudik, she did so with the specific goal of bridging the gap between fashion and waste management. Her company takes organic cotton off/cut fabrics, that would otherwise pollute the planet, and turns them into unisex contemporary kidswear with monthly rotating themes. Read Linday’s full profile here!
- This golden yellow jumper is perfect for adventuring, and is a great option for littles who are constantly on the go. Gender neutral and 100% organic!
- These bright and cozy joggers are comfy and moveable, and the colourblock pattern recalls everyone’s favourite 80s jogger. Gender neutral and 100% organic!
Aja Horsley was working as an urban agriculture researcher, where she saw a space in the market for a beautiful, raw honey business that served to support healthy bee populations. Today, Drizzle Honey is sold across Canada. Read Aja’s full profile here!
- The Drizzle Taster Trio has three 80g jars of Drizzle’s best selling products from each of their collections – white raw honey, turmeric gold raw honey and cinnamon spiced raw honey.
- If you’re looking to pick just one – we think the cinnamon spiced raw honey would be a great way to go. Spiced with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice, this warm spiced blend is a perfect addition to your holiday repertoire.
Founder Ashley Freeborn departed the corporate finance world to found Smash + Tess, a North American made sustainable fashion line designed to help slow down fast fashion while maintaining quality. Read Ashley’s full profile here!
Available in Merry Merlot and Elevated Emerald in a poly-spandex velvet, this romper is a super comfortable multipurpose item, perfect for a family dinner, socially distanced and masked gathering, or a night in!
Perfect for a coffee run, or a coffee at home, the Waffle Tee is available in Midnight Black and Forever Faw, and is made in Smash + Tess’ new waffle rayon knit, a bamboo and cotton blend.
Adam Bent, the co-founder and CEO of Scout Canning, is disrupting the seafood industry with Scout’s sustainably and responsibly sourced artisanal canned seafood. Look out for Adam’s profile coming next week!
- This trio includes Atlantic Canadian lobster, PEI mussels in a smoked paprika and fennel tomato sauce, and Ontario trout with dill. It’s a great way to try Scout’s range of products!
- This holiday set includes all three offerings from the Seacuterie pack, as well as a gorgeous acacia wood board and 3 stoneware bowls for serving. Perfect for serving or gifting to the entertainer in your life!
Do you have a favourite holiday gift option from a Canadian startup? Let us know on social with the hashtag #CheersToTheChangemakers!
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations, Startup Canada
About Startup Canada
Startup Canada is Canada’s entrepreneurship organization. Startup Canada promotes and supports the success and growth of Canada’s 3.5 million entrepreneurs, with a mandate to foster economic growth, competitiveness, and prosperity through entrepreneurship. Since launching, Startup Canada’s programming has directly supported more than 200,000 entrepreneurs and 50 grassroots Startup Community organizations. Working with over 750 ecosystem partners, including accelerators, incubators, research parks, educational institutions, economic development agencies, associations, and government programs, Startup Canada serves entrepreneurs from all backgrounds, industries, and stages of development, with a network reflective of Canada’s diverse population. Learn more at startupcan.ca.