2019 STARTUP CANADA AWARDS – CELEBRATING ENTREPRENEURS ACROSS CANADA
OTTAWA, CANADA – JULY 16, 2019 | In 2019, more than 500 nominations poured in from across Canada, and a thousand more joined in the celebration of the regional winners at local, grassroots ceremonies in startup spaces and convention centers. Among our distinguished guests, Startup Canada’s honorable mentions joined the six regional award ceremonies. These passionate entrepreneurs were selected by the adjudication committee among hundreds of applicants and publicly recognized for their outstanding journey, excellence, and contribution to this country’s economy.
The 2019 honorable mentions are:
- North Region – Jaret Slip, Yukon First Nation Chamber of Commerce, EntrepreNorth, Raven Recycling Society, Patti Balsillie, Brioni Connolly, and Luann Baker-Johnson.
- British Columbia Region – Henry Soo, League of Innovators, Purppl, Humaira Ahmed, Nazaneen Dizai, Mac Dykeman, and Trulioo.
- Prairies Region – Alice Reimer, The A100, Startup Edmonton, TEC Edmonton, Funding Change, Nicole Bourque-Bouchier, James Boettcher, and Pura Botanicals.
- Ontario Region – Jamie Hoobanoff, Janet Bannister, Arthur Barbut, Innovation Guelph, Creative Destruction Lab, Birch Bark Coffee Company, Diva Cup International, Siempre Spirits Limited, KA Imaging, Mindbridge Ai, SAFAROMA, SnapClarity, Canopy Growth, RVezy, Giovanna Mingarelli, Komal Minhas, Genevieve Merz, Anmol Dhalla, and Ariel Mashiyev.
- Atlantic Region – Planet Hatch, Proposify, SomaDetect, EhEye, ProcedureFlow, Harrison Smith, and Hal Somers.
- Quebec Region – Bruner Nozière, Marie-Pier Hebert, and Ellicom Inc.