Start Date: March 11, 2018 – March 10, 2020
Type: Full-time (37.5 hours a week a 56 Sparks St. Suite 300)
Salary: Starting at $35,000 / year
Other Details: May include travel across Canada.
Startup Canada is Canada’s entrepreneurship organization to advance the culture and environment for entrepreneurial success in Canada. Through flagship events, digital programs, and policy and advocacy efforts, Startup Canada:
- is the voice of entrepreneurs in Canada;
- creates, connects and supports vibrant startup communities;
- connects entrepreneurs to each other and to support to advance their ventures;
- fuels a culture of entrepreneurship; and,
- positions Canada as a beacon of entrepreneurship globally.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with ‘Program Coordinator Opportunity’ as the subject.
We are building out our Programs Team with entrepreneurial leaders, who share our vision for building an entrepreneurial nation.
The Program Coordinator will support, and play a leading role, in the delivery of programs, events, and initiatives of Startup Canada, working closely with the Program Manager. This role is hands-on and involves working as part of a Team, and working independently with a high level of autonomy and accountability. The Program Coordinator has the opportunity to help shape programming and impact entrepreneurs in doing so.
This position may require traveling across Canada from coast to coast to coast to deliver some of our programs.
- Strong written, spoken and interpersonal communications skills
- A self-starter with strong leadership attributes and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Detailed oriented and an evidenced love of learning
- 1-2 Years of work-related experience
- A degree or diploma from a recognized academic institution
- Ability to communicate in French would be an asset
- The on time and on budget delivery of International Women’s Day, Canadian Export Challenge Tour, Startup Canada Awards Tour, and Startup Community Summit Programming.
- Supporting the Startup Canada Communities Network and the implementation of strategic initiatives, such as Investment Funds.
- Liaising with all sponsors, speakers, partners, media partners, and volunteers.
- Ensuring excitement, satisfaction, and an excellent overall Startup Canada experience by everyone involved in the program.
- Promoting the program across the Canadian entrepreneurship community and ensuring the program is reflective of the diversity of entrepreneurs in Canada and their interests.
- Developing a national narrative positioning Startup Canada as a thought leader in Canada and globally in fostering an entrepreneurial nation and startup communities.
- Ensuring the fulsome participation by government in all aspects of the programming.
- Ensuring the ongoing relevance and impact of programming beyond its immediate duration.
- To maintain a program website, social media campaign and all communications assets for the exemplary execution of the program.
- Producing detailed plans for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Securing and booking a suitable venue or location, as well as travel and accommodations logistics.
- Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire.
- Planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations.
- Preparing delegate packs and papers.
- Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
- Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently.
- Post-event program (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).