September 12, 2017 | Montreal | Startup Canada
Startup Canada, the national rallying community for Canadian entrepreneurs, today named 11 outstanding entrepreneurs, businesses and support organizations from Quebec as winners of the fourth annual Startup Canada Awards. The winners were announced at a ceremony in Montreal, QB, attended by leading Canadian investors, innovators and anchor company executives.
The ceremony was hosted by La Gare and Ubisoft – a coworking facility in Mile End, one of the most vibrant and friendly neighbourhoods in Montreal, combining both tradition and renewal. The neighbourhood is filled with tech startups and various organizations working in arts, fashion, food, software and videogames.
“Congratulations to all of this year’s 2017 regional award winners,” said Victoria Lennox, Founder and CEO of Startup Canada. “Each and every one of these outstanding recipients have an immense impact on the future of Canada and they all represent the greatness and diversity of our nation’s entrepreneurship community.”
The 2017 Quebec Regional Award Winners are:
- Christiane Germain, Co-President, Groupe Germain Hotels | Entrepreneur of the Year Award,presented by Scotiabank
- Marie-Philip Simard, Founder, Chic Marie | Women Entrepreneur Award, presented by Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Graham Mann, Co-Founder, Lean Systems | Young Entrepreneur Award, presented by BDC
- Albert Carbone, President, Stelvio Inc. | Senior Entrepreneur Award, presented by BDC
- Xavier-Henri Hervé, Executive Director and Co-Founder, District 3 Innovation Center | Entrepreneur Promotion Award, presented by Opportunities New Brunswick
- TrackTik | Global Entrepreneurship Award
- Centre de Collaboration MiQro Innovation | Entrepreneur Support Award
- Via Science | Innovation Award, presented by Intuit QuickBooks
- GSOFT | High-Growth Entrepreneurship Award, presented by MNP LLP
- SOSsitter.ca/SOSgarde.ca | Social Enterprise Award, presented by Centre for Social Innovation
These winners join an esteemed network of award alumni including the Right Honourable Paul Martin, founder of the Capital for Aboriginal Prosperity and Entrepreneurship (CAPE) Fund, Mike Lazaridis, co-founder of Blackberry, Zita Cobb, founder of Shorefast Foundation, and Dax Dasilva, founder and CEO of Lightspeed, among others.
The regional winners will now be evaluated by the National Adjudication Committee; comprised of some of Canada’s leading entrepreneurship and industry experts. The national winners will be celebrated at the Startup Canada Awards Grand Finale in Ottawa on October 19, 2017 following Startup Canada Day on the Hill. Startup Canada Day on the Hill is Canada’s largest national entrepreneurship event convening leading entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, industry executives, and government representatives annually to raise the bar for Canada as a globally competitive innovation nation.
The Startup Canada Awards are proudly presented by Mastercard Canada and Scotiabank in partnership with Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), Opportunities NB, UPS Canada, Intuit Quickbooks, MNP LLP, Lockheed Martin, Centre for Social Innovation (CSI), VIA Rail Canada, and Best Western.
For more information and to secure your media pass, please contact:
Marketing, Communications and Digital Production Administrator
About Startup Canada
Startup Canada is the leading national social enterprise supporting and giving a voice to entrepreneurs through online programs, national awards, flagship events, partnerships with private sector and government to foster a community for startup and small business success across the country. Learn more at www.startupcan.ca.