Mike is the Innovation Director of ITAP (Innovation Technology Association of PEI). Prior to this position he was the Executive Director of the IT Sector Council of PEI since July 2006. Mike oversaw the merger of the 2 organizations into a single association creating a unified voice of the IT industry of PEI on April 1, 2011. Mike has worked closely with IT stakeholders, in the many sub-sectors of the industry over the past 6 years.
Mike sits on the IBDA ICT Committee, the Holland College CIS Advisory Committee, and the PEI Employers Council. Mike is a member of CIPS, the Innovation and Communications Technology Council, and the PEI Career Development Association.
Some of the significant accomplishments of the IT sector during Mike’s tenure have been the hosting of…
- three (3) IT Human Resources Forums highlighting current labour market information and HR best practices for the IT industry,
- six (6) IT Job Fairs hosting over 100 IT employers and 2000 job seekers,
- twelve (12) video gaming / new media career promotions events for 1500+ Island high school students
and the development and release of…
- the PEI IT Labour Force - Supply and Demand Study in October 2008
- the PEI IT Compensation Study in September 2010
Prior to his role in the IT sector, Mike was a Career Practitioner with over 15 years experience in both the non-profit and educational sectors.