Succeed where others fail; get the “Startup Foundations” you need to start and grow a successful business.
Join us in Pickering on May 18, 2017 for an interactive Startup Foundations Bootcamp, to learn where you stand financially, how to manage cash flow, track your business finances day-to-day, and how to leverage this information to plan for your future.
Almost 50% of Canadian entrepreneurs have been rejected by an investor and one in two new Canadian businesses close before they turn five according to a recent Intuit Canada survey*. That’s why Startup Canada, Intuit QuickBooks, and Mastercard Canada in partnership with Startup Durham are joining forces to help connect entrepreneurs, like you, to the training and mentorship to help you build a financially robust and fundable startup!
DATE & TIME
May 18, 2017 | Event Kicks off – 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
Pickering Recreation Complex | 1867 Valley Farm Road, ON, L1V 6K7
- Entrepreneur Keynote
- Startup Foundations Workshop, presented by Intuit QuickBooks | Everything you need to know from managing your cash flow to how to use this data to build a sustainable and fundable startup.
- Master Your Card, presented by Mastercard Canada
- Mentor Mashup | Get all your questions answered from leading entrepreneurs and experts from Startup Finance, to getting funding, and more!
- 8:00 am Registration and Refreshments
- 8:30 am Networking
- 8:50 am Welcoming Remarks
- 9:00 am Getting It Right Panel with Stephen Massel, Niko Anastassakis, Alex Smtyh
- 9:40 am Master Your Card, presented by MasterCard Canada
- 10:00 am Networking Break
- 10:15 am Cashflow Management / Happy Accounting, Michael Konopaski
- 10:45 am Business Finance Basics, Scott Sonley
- 11:15 am Getting Funding Ready, Darryl Goodall
- 11:45 pm Fireside Chat with Mike Amos (Empathica/ Nudge Rewards) and Mike Betts (VentureLAB)
- 12:15 pm Closing Remarks