BCIT, Discovery Foundation, ECUA+D, SFU & UBC are pleased to announce that we’re hosting the Startup Canada Vancouver Town Hall on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at the Segal Graduate School of Business, Simon Fraser University in the heart of do
Startup Canada Vancouver Town Hall brings together Vancouver’s entrepreneurs, students, universities, incubators, accelerators and other innovation economy stakeholders for an open dialogue and brainstorming session about how entrepreneurs and startups can be supported on the path to success by our governments, universities, incubators and accelerators. Don’t miss this awesome opportunity to network, share your ideas, and help make Vancouver and Canada an even better place to launch a company.
Town Hall Agenda Topics:
- Welcome messages from Daniel Shapiro, Dean of SFU Beedie School of Business, John Jacobson, President & CEO of BCIC and Rick Spence, Writer and Growth Guru
- Panel Discussion on Supporting the Startup: Role of BC Universities, incubators and accelerators
- Vancouver Town Hall Brainstorming Session: How can the Vancouver entrepreneurial community better support entrepreneurs and startups
- Teams brainstorm, prepare, and present action plans
- Karn Manhas, Terramera Biosciences
- John Seminerio, Magelian Angel Partners
Join the movement by registering a spot now for the Town Hall – free admission, first come first served. Spread the word – guests are welcome.
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Time: 9.00am – 1.oopm
Location: Segal Graduate School of Business, SFU 500 Granville St. Vancouver, BC