Startup Canada is a dynamic and fast-growing non-profit organization run by passionate, entrepreneurial volunteers from across Canada.
Are you interested in expanding your skill-set, experience and network by working with some of the most inspiring enterprise champions in Canada? Join the Startup Canada Team as a volunteer, contributing 4-8 hours a week for at least 4 – 6 months to help to energize a nation! Many positions can be done from anywhere in Canada. Some positions, however, require that you are based in Ottawa, ON.
If any of the roles below look interesting to you, please send your CV and note on why you would like to join the Startup Canada Team and in what capacity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Expressions of interest must be received by August 3rd, 2012.
Volunteer Positions Available
- Social Media Manager & Community Animator – Energize and build Startup Canada’s social media community through fresh and innovative campaigns and competitions – 4 hrs a week
- Translator – Help Startup Canada’s message reach all Canadians by translating key communications into French – 4 hrs a week
- National Flash Mob Coordinator – Support local hosts in organizing Startup Canada flashmobs in their communities – 4 hrs a week
- Startup Nations Summit Manager – In December 2012, Startup Canada will host the Startup Nations from across the world in Ottawa – We are seeking an experienced Events Coordinator to hit the ground running in bringing together this groundbreaking event – 4 – 8 hrs a week
- National Mentorship Challenge – Take the lead in developing a Nation-Wide Mentorship Challenge in Global Entrepreneurship Week by mobilizing the entire Startup Canada Network to mentor more than 10,000 entrepreneurs over the course of the week – 8 hrs a week
- Communications Officers – Support Startup Canada’s Communications Director with preparing Press Releases, Communications Documents, Speeches and Campaigns – Seeking experienced writers and communications experts – 4 hrs a week
- Graphic Designer - Make us look amazing! Seeking experienced graphic designer to brand Autumn 2012 Programmes for Startup Canada – 4hrs a week
- Video Editor – Love to edit? We’ve got footage – Help to edit entrepreneur spotlight and promo videos for Startup Canada! 6hrs a week
- Operations Director – Do you love getting things done? Are you reliable and want to play a key role within Startup Canada’s Core Team? – 8-10hrs a week
- Fundraising Director – Love raising money for great causes? Are you overflowing with ideas on how to create sustainable sources of revenue and have the braun to bring them to life? We are looking for you! – 8 hrs a week
- Finance Director – Love numbers and the beauty of a balanced cash flow? Manage cashflow, invoicing, payments and reporting and report directly to Startup Canada’s Executive Director & Governing Board.
- Volunteer Manager – Do you love pairing the right person with the right position? Do you love inspiring, energizing and incentivizing dynamic Teams? 8 hrs a week
- Misc – Want to support the Startup Canada Team some other way? Let us know how you want to help!
*Startup Canada is 100% volunteer run and we are only as strong as our volunteers. Only candidates who are self-starters and who demonstrate professionalism, commitment and a passion for supporting Canadian entrepreneurs will be contacted.